Monday, September 10, 2007

Slightly less than a thousand words about me


I'd like to think of myself as a unique person who is a bit weird. I've done a million things that make me who I am and I regret very few of them.

I've repo'ed cars, been bounty hunting. I've chased people down in my car. I've been chased down in my car. I've hiked Pike's Peak. I've gotten shit-faced on Gold Camp Road. I've 'stolen' a car. I've sold computers, fixed computers, built computers and broken computers. I've shot guns at computers. I've owned a gun. I've owned a few cars and driven a ton more. I've ridden/driven semi-trucks, buses and cars cross country many times. I've been tubing, I've thrown snowballs in July, I've frozen my ass off in a mountain stream. I've jumped in a lake 1 degree above freezing because someone said I wouldn't do it. I've

touched the Atlantic on both sides. I've swum in the Gulf of Mexico.

I've been stung by a jellyfish, chased by a dog and startled by a fish. I've been fresh water fishing, turkey hunting and mountain goat watching. I've been snow skiing, water skiing and had my swimsuit turned inside out by a boat driver. I love water, snow and rain.


I've made friends, I've lost friends, I've gotten some of them back. I've hated myself for my obnoxiousness. I've become nothing like who I thought I wanted to be and wouldn't have it any other way. I love my friends. When I say I would give my life for my friends I mean that in a way that no one can understand. I loved and been hurt, I've loved and been loved back, I've been loved and hurt someone else. I've wanted things I can't have. I've wished I'd opened my mouth and wished I'd kept it closed. I've had things I wasn't supposed to have. I've been certain, confused, lost and found.


I've traveled to Utah, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, Ohio, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Missouri, Mississippi, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Arkansas. I've lived in Texas, Colorado, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, and Georgia. I've been to Mexico twice and Africa once. I want to visit more of Africa, Europe, Alaska, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and most of the rest of the world.


I love my job but I hate having to work. I love watching TV but I hate how I can't focus on other people at the same time. I spend much of my day communicating with people but some days I just want to buy a cabin in the middle of the mountains and disappear. I'm random but I like to plan ahead sometimes. I love to be the center of attention in small groups but I prefer to stand behind the scenes in larger groups. I love to be the goto guy and I love to have an answer for everything. I hate that I interrupt people that I love.


I want to understand this crazy world. Why does bad shit happen to good people? I don't believe in religion. I believe in God. I believe that my relationship with God is whats important, not whether or not I goto church every week. I appreciate the way I grew up but I would never wish it on anyone. I hate the assumptions of the culture I was raised in. I can't stand people who judge me or feel they are better than me. I give everyone a chance to prove who they are instead of making them prove who they are not.


I hate bigots. (which probably makes me a bigot but oh well)

I believe in less government. I hate that candidates I can actually feel 100% behind never even make it into the news media or barely get any coverage. I hate the news media and the sheep who take what they are fed at face value. I support the military.

I'm lazy. I'm out of shape. I'm self righteous. I'm a dork. I'm silly. I'm annoying. I'm a jerk. I'm too nice. I'm an asshole. I'm a best friend. I'm a jackass. I'm a good listener. I'm a good story teller. I'm a lover. I'm a fighter. I'm a smoker. I'm a drinker. I'm a sleepyhead. I'm an insomniac.

And so all that said, if you're my friend, I'm honored that you would put up with my antics and sad because I know I'll hurt you or offend you sooner or later. But I hope you know I love you and you'll never hesitate to ask for anything.

No comments: